Database Guide & Login Information
- Databases are a collection of digital resources, including newspapers, magazines, academic journals, reference materials, primary sources, images, video and audio clips.
- Databases are an excellent place to find research sources because each resource has been vetted. This means the information you find there is reliable.
- Many of our databases integrate with Google allowing you to save articles to your Drive. Most databases also provide MLA source citation, so you can easily cite your research sources.
Gale Databases & eReference
Use the search box in Newsela to find newspaper and magazine articles on your research topic. Sign in with your school Google account (student ID@my.sbunified.org).
California K-12 Digital Resources
Britannica is a comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning. Choose Elementary, Middle, or High School level. Britannica Escolar provides resources in Spanish. Password: sbunified Username: sbunified
Username: sbunified Password: sbunified1!
- CultureGrams - Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
- SIRS Discoverer - A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary - Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary - Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
- ProQuest Research Companion - a self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+)
One-stop resources for books you are reading and teaching, including author and illustrator interviews, lesson plans, and other enrichment content.
To access Teachingbooks.net, press Sign In and Student. Password: sbunified Username: sbunified