Visit the GVJHS library to browse the book display in honor of National Hispanic Heritage Month. We will be busy rotating these books as students check them out, so be sure you stop by more than once.
To find more reading ideas, see the list of Pura Belpré Award winners.
Watch the video below to hear voices of the award-winning authors paired with their books.
Enter the GV Reads Raffle: Read a book by a Latinx or Hispanic author and write a review.
To enter the National Hispanic Heritage Month raffle, read a book by a Latinx or Hispanic author and review it on our online catalog, Destiny Discover.
The contest ends on October 15, but all readers are encouraged to read and review beyond that date.
HOW TO WRITE YOUR REVIEW:
1) Log in to Destiny Discover (USERNAME: STUDENT ID / PASSWORD: 6-DIGIT BIRTHDATE [MMDDYY]).
2) Search for your book by title or author.
3) Select the book title.
4) Scroll down and press Review.
5) Press Add a Review.
6) Give a star rating (5 stars = one of your favorite books).
7) Write a brief review: Say what the books is about and why you like it. You may also say what kind of reader might. enjoy this book.
8) Press Submit Review.
Scroll through the slides below or click the following link for more information: Snaptricity Maker Challenge:
Ms. Hamilton's grade 7 social studies classes visited the library to checkout historical fiction or historical nonfiction books. They can choose any book as long as it teaches about some aspect of history.
See the slides posted below to learn a little more about Ms. Hamilton's project: