Thanks to our generous PTA, we have copies of all of the California Young Reader Medal Nominees for 2019-2020.
The reading challenge starts Monday, Nov. 4. Readers vote on their favorite books at the end of February.
Read the Reading Challenge flyer below for more information about how to sign up for the CYRM Reading Challenge. Interested readers may scan the QR code with their iPads or click this link: Sign Up for CYRM
This week in the GV LIbrary Makerspace, we will make Light-Up LED Badges. Your badge can be Halloween themed or your own idea. See me in the library if you have questions.
Visit the GVJHS library to browse the book display in honor of National Hispanic Heritage Month. We will be busy rotating these books as students check them out, so be sure you stop by more than once.
To find more reading ideas, see the list of Pura Belpré Award winners.
Watch the video below to hear voices of the award-winning authors paired with their books.
Enter the GV Reads Raffle: Read a book by a Latinx or Hispanic author and write a review.
To enter the National Hispanic Heritage Month raffle, read a book by a Latinx or Hispanic author and review it on our online catalog, Destiny Discover.
The contest ends on October 15, but all readers are encouraged to read and review beyond that date.
HOW TO WRITE YOUR REVIEW:
1) Log in to Destiny Discover (USERNAME: STUDENT ID / PASSWORD: 6-DIGIT BIRTHDATE [MMDDYY]).
2) Search for your book by title or author.
3) Select the book title.
4) Scroll down and press Review.
5) Press Add a Review.
6) Give a star rating (5 stars = one of your favorite books).
7) Write a brief review: Say what the books is about and why you like it. You may also say what kind of reader might. enjoy this book.
8) Press Submit Review.